In this episode we’ll be exploring the question: When is the use of physical violence ever justified in the struggle to effect political or social change?
Here's a breakdown of how the show unfolds:
- Key questions to consider when discussing the pros or cons of using physical violence to bring about social or political change.
- Historical context of Nelson Mandela's struggle for black South Africans to be freed from the government system of institutionalize racial segregation.
- Mandela's complex relationship with the use of physical violence during his struggle to free his people from racial, economic, and political segregation.
- Martin Luther King's use of non-violence in his struggle for racial equality, human dignity, and freedom for blacks in America during the Civil Rights era.
- Black Lives Matter use of physical violence to bring about what they are seeking after.
- The need for spiritual leaders and mentors to help guide young people who are angry, upset, wayward, and resentful.
Subscribe to Transform Your Life Today on Soundwise