In this episode, Kibwe Cooper and Maiya Katherine author, certified life coach, and trauma recovery, expert. discuss fear. They discuss the different types of fear and how they can impact a person's life. Maiya discusses how to overcome fear by identifying the type of fear that a person is dealing with and by addressing it accordingly. Kibwe Cooper and Maiya discuss how to be more grateful for the good things in a person's life, which has helped them to heal from their past.
to schedule your free 30-minute consultation.
[00:00 - 09:26] How to Overcome Fear and Heal Your Inner Demons
• The author, Maiya Katherine, is a certified life coach and trauma recovery, expert.
• She discusses overcoming fear in her book, "An Apology to My Demons."
• Fear is often used to belittle or minimize people, and Maiya Katherine defines it as beliefs that scare us.
[09:26 - 18:02] Fear is a natural thing to protect us, but it comes from a place of hurt or abuse
• Fear is a natural protective instinct that helps us avoid danger.
• Fear can come from traumatic experiences, but it is also a common response to difficult emotions that are not yet understood or processed.
• Self-reflection is key to understanding and managing fear, as it allows us to identify our triggers and understand the reasons behind our feelings.
[18:02 - 26:20] Signs You're Living Out of Fear
• Yes. Fear can affect us on a daily basis, but it's not until we're faced with something big that we start to see the full picture of how it's affecting our lives.
• Signs that you may be living out of fear include that fear is steadily growing and growing, and that all your questions are going to be extraordinary.
[26:21 - 34:48] How to Overcome Trauma and Inner Demons
• The main indicators for whether someone is operating out of fear are if they feel joyless or safe in their life.
• For those who are struggling with fear, it can be difficult to figure out where the demons are hiding.
• There are ways to approach overcoming fear without opening the floodgates, such as being there for oneself.
[34:48 - 43:32] How to Overcome the Toughest Demons in Life
• How self-reflection is important for identifying and overcoming inner demons in areas of life.
• Self-reflection includes asking questions such as "Do you believe life is for you?" and "Do you believe you are good and deserving of good things?"
• If a person does not have a belief that life is for them, they will struggle to create positive outcomes in their lives.
• To overcome inner demons, a person must first have a belief that they are good and deserving of good things. This can be attained through self-reflection and reflection on past experiences.
[43:32 - 51:50] Fixing things in myself that I Didn't Break, I'm Gonna Get Emotional. That Was The Biggest One Because You Know Especially when You've experienced Sexual Trauma As A Kid Nobody Coming To Save You It Was You Know Taking Responsibility To Fix Something you never broke.
• The author talks about how she has always been a writer, and how it has been a way to cope with her personal trauma.
• She talks about how her childhood trauma led to her developing an inner demon, which made her feel alone and abandoned.
• She talks about how she eventually learned to be self-sufficient and release that inner demon by doing things on her own.
• The author talks about how her experiences have shaped the way she thinks and behaves, and how she is grateful for the lessons she has learned.
[51:50 - 00:30] How to be empowered: Start by healing yourself
• The author recommends taking 10 minutes every day to be alone and to reflect on what is healing for them.
• She also recommends that people be open to messages from the universe and that healing is an essential part of empowerment.
[00:30 - 09:07] Gratitude is the Key to Attracting What You Deserve
• Maiya Katherine discusses her personal philosophy on who you are and how to be who you want to be.
• She emphasizes the importance of making choices based on your own desires, not based on external factors.
• She discusses the power of gratitude and how it can help you attract what you desire in life.
• She provides a thought exercise for individuals to practice gratitude.
[09:07 - 17:50] Drill Down Gratitude Can Bring You Joy
• Maiya Katherine shares how gratitude can help to bring us joy and alignment with our goals
• She encourages listeners to start doing "drill down gratitude" exercises to increase their happiness and well-being
• Thank you for listening!
[17:52 - 18:15] Empower You Podcast: How to Listen and Respond Effectively
• Thanks for tuning in to the empowering you podcast.
• Don't forget to rate and review this episode, as it helps us reach more listeners just like you.
• You can find the podcast on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.