Private investigators can play a pivotal role in serving documents and collecting evidence in complex family law cases. In this episode Benjamin Bryant and Heather McKinnon from Bryant McKinnon Lawyers talk to Steve Wallis, Managing Director of SWA Recovery & Investigation Group about how private investigators work and where they can add value in family law matters.
With over 40 years' experience in investigations, Steve shared insights into a PIs day to day life and busted some of the myths about his profession. We also covered specific questions regarding how and when private investigators are able to assist family law clients and solicitors. Topics covered include:
1. The value of using private investigators to "prove" adultery.
2. How private investigators can track down missing or hidden assets.
3. How private investigators assist in domestic violence and child abuse cases.
4. How private investigators track down missing persons, including ex-partners.
5. How and when private investigators get involved in serving court documents.
To conclude the show we asked Steve to provide his best advice to anyone considering hiring a private investigator. We recommend you have a listen before investing in a PI!