“I’m screaming with everything in me that I need help and nobody can hear me.“ That sums up Susan Deitrick’s first 20+ years. Susan's the epitome of the rebound effect. No matter how many times her identity is stripped away, she builds back stronger and better.
Growing up in a family with violence and addiction, at the age of two she wanted to build an igloo, got to sleep in it and never wake up. During that same time she fell in love with God, where she learned what love was.
In the refuge of God’s love, Susan survived suicide attempts, rapes, and physical, verbal and emotional abuse from her family. Then, feeling dead and broken, God made it clear that he was still going to use her. She agreed to his plan, and God added a loving partner. Out of her pain and trauma, Susan had many years of “the best life ever.”
- The benefits of hiding the truth from yourself.
- The travesty of professionals pushing reality under the rug.
- The choice that helped Susan get past her traumatic family experiences.
- How learning to write in code became her escape to sanity.
- The benefits of learning mind over matter.
- The value of a vessel broken into fragments.
- The magic of having an outlet she could control for her pain.
- The benefits of being stoic.
- The internal attitude you need to refuse to settle.
- The top three concepts that help someone struggling.
- What to expect with the cumulative effects of unresolved trauma.
- Do we ever lose our identity? Or do we keep peeling off layers to find it?
Susan’s life is a cornucopia of service — English teacher, school counselor, pastor, kid therapist, and soon-to-be podcaster — these are all iterations on her calling as a healer. God’s smile is now shining through the fragments of her life, connecting the dots of her many personal and professional turns and helping make sense of her journey. While recovering from the recent loss of the love of her life, her spouse of 35 years, God’s told her “The best is yet to come!”
Since she doesn’t argue with The Boss, she’s ready to travel this final chapter together with God, and under God’s amazing control. Her podcast is Fragments2WHOLENESS — Unveiling the Many-Colored Masterpiece of Our Life.
Tough Stories Workshop — https://www.courage-ignite.com/Tough_Stories_Workshop_waitlist Bold Facebook
Free private Facebook group — https://www.courage-ignite.com/Bold_Becoming_FB
Instagram — https://instagram.com/juliebrownecourageignite
Email — Julie@courage-ignite.com
Music - Happy African Village by John Bartmannhttps://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/julie-browne/support